cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vvnck Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: PowerBi update 2019 January Direct Query Error!!!!

If your data direct query from SQL Server, the auth must use windows auth. if use basic auth will error.

Highlighted
tmeszaros Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! I changed the authentication method to an active directory user, with the necessary rights, to try out and it worked.

Is this common knowledge, that you should not use basic authentication with reports using directquery, or is this something new?

stpnet Established Member
Established Member

Must be somehting new as we use SQL logins on some of our direct query reports

jrosalesgo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

But what happen when you are not able to change the way to login, I have the same report on Power BI Report Server Aug 2018 and Jan 2019 on Aug 2018 works fine and on Jan 2019 is not working at all, same server, bd, and credentials.

Power BI Team rpatkar
Power BI Team

We have identified the issue here with Direct Query reports when using Basic Authentication and team is working on a fix. We expect to release it in next few days.

Apologies for this miss.

jason_quinn Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @vvnck, using Windows authentication rather than basic authentication worked for my issue.  I'd still like to see the issue fixed, but this is good workaround in my case.  Thanks for posting.

tmeszaros Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your work guys!

mpsrshl Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hey, when will you fix this plus cross filtering? two major screw-ups from this update.

Power BI Team rpatkar
Power BI Team

hi,

We are getting ready to ship the fix for the DQ-Basic Auth issue. What is the cross filtering issue you are referring about? If there a community thread about that issue or can you please share more details about it?

Thanks,

Rohit

tgudelj Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

We are using Oracle and direct query so integrated windows auth is not really an option.

Is there an approximate timeline for the authentication fix?