Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wesamko
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBi Report Server Security and Authentication

Dears,

I have set of folders and reports on the report server and I need users to view some reports only not all reports. how to manage that from the PowerBi report server? is there a web server to manage users and manage roles and permission.

Currently, the admin user can access all reports, which is not correct.

Wesam

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you go to your report server url (i.e. https://reports.domainname.com/Reports) you should be able to click the 3 ellipses button and select Manage.

Under Security you should be able to add your Active Directory users with the correct permissions.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

To my knowledge the only way to access an "On-Prem" Power BI report is to utilize AD credentials.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sheetalshettiga
Helper IV
Helper IV

hello all Even though i do not assign any role to particular user of same domain in security they can login and view my reports in report server .How can I deal with such situation in security role.please help me with this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you go to your report server url (i.e. https://reports.domainname.com/Reports) you should be able to click the 3 ellipses button and select Manage.

Under Security you should be able to add your Active Directory users with the correct permissions.

security option is not disabled even though the role is applied as browser .The user can change the security role assigned to them which should not be possible .How can i solve this.

Is there any other option where roles are assigned by default 

@Anonymous @wesamko 

Dear Arronex, 

Thank you for the reply. But is this the only way to allow for external users to access the reports? Why I am asking this because the client has a security concern and we have around 20 external users. why there is no user management for accessing only the Powerbi reports?

Thanks in advance

Wesam

Anonymous
Not applicable

To my knowledge the only way to access an "On-Prem" Power BI report is to utilize AD credentials.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.