Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

PowerBi Report Server Security and Authentication

Dears,

I have set of folders and reports on the report server and I need users to view some reports only not all reports. how to manage that from the PowerBi report server? is there a web server to manage users and manage roles and permission.

Currently, the admin user can access all reports, which is not correct.

Wesam

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: PowerBi Report Server Security and Authentication

If you go to your report server url (i.e. https://reports.domainname.com/Reports) you should be able to click the 3 ellipses button and select Manage.

Under Security you should be able to add your Active Directory users with the correct permissions.

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

To my knowledge the only way to access an "On-Prem" Power BI report is to utilize AD credentials.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

If you go to your report server url (i.e. https://reports.domainname.com/Reports) you should be able to click the 3 ellipses button and select Manage.

Under Security you should be able to add your Active Directory users with the correct permissions.

Frequent Visitor

Dear Arronex, 

Thank you for the reply. But is this the only way to allow for external users to access the reports? Why I am asking this because the client has a security concern and we have around 20 external users. why there is no user management for accessing only the Powerbi reports?

Thanks in advance

Wesam

Frequent Visitor

To my knowledge the only way to access an "On-Prem" Power BI report is to utilize AD credentials.