Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

msafey
Frequent Visitor

PowerBi Report Server Schedule Refresh Error with MySQL

Hello All,

i have an issue in powerbi report server while setting up schedule refresh for multiple reports, I set the connection credentials for mysql database normally and try testing the connection and everything works fine but when the schedule refresh fires i receive the below error:

SessionID: 984a1806-ce1e-4d00-b802-f94f76b496f1
[0] -1055784932: MySQL: Retrieval of the RSA public key is not enabled for insecure connections.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[1] -1055129594: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.
[2] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msafey ,

If you are a new MySQL user with Power BI, be sure to create a username within the database and execute a “GRANT PRIVILEGES” command for the username to give it read permissions.

During my investigation, I found that some users solved this problem using the following

“You should add client option to your mysql-connector allowPublicKeyRetrieval=true to allow the client to automatically request the public key from the server. Note that allowPublicKeyRetrieval=True could allow a malicious proxy to perform a MITM attack to get the plaintext password, so it is False by default and must be explicitly enabled.”

https://mysql-net.github.io/MySqlConnector/connection-options/ 

For more information,you can refer to this .

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello caitlyn,

how can i add allowPublicKeyRetrieval=true in PowerBi?

Hi @msafey ,

My bad, this seems to be used for other mysql connectors, please try referring to the link in SU's first reply and see if that method fixes your problem. I can't help any farther. I have not meet this problem before and cannot reproduce it,  looking forward to having another expert in RS to solve your problem.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Not sure if this is same as yours, this is in investigating mode though

Power Bi mysql data refresh failing asking for RSA... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.