Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DaniEMIT
Frequent Visitor

PowerBi RS Sharepoint Data Refresh

Hi All,

i' ve a PowerBi Report published in SSRS. The powerbi Report has a data scource that is a Sharepoint Online list. 

I need to schedule data refresh in PowerBi 1 time per Day, but i've an error. In the Data Source Options, i can't choose the credential as "Microsoft login", that is required in my report.

How can i schedule data refresh based on Sharepoint Online List?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You cannot schedule a refresh from the on-prem Report Server to a Sharepoint Online list. This is documented here https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/data-sources You could do this if you had sharepoint on-prem, but not with Sharepoint online. Your only option is to move the list to a data source that does support scheduled refresh (or maybe to setup a script which copies the list to a supported data source on a regular basis)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You cannot schedule a refresh from the on-prem Report Server to a Sharepoint Online list. This is documented here https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/data-sources You could do this if you had sharepoint on-prem, but not with Sharepoint online. Your only option is to move the list to a data source that does support scheduled refresh (or maybe to setup a script which copies the list to a supported data source on a regular basis)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.