cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
trex0911 Visitor
Visitor

PowerBIReportServer Setup Crashes

I recently download and re-downloaded the PowerBIReportServer executable from https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/report-server/ (Download Free Trial) and it won't install. It crashes each time I try. I get the message "Microsoft Power BI Report Server has stopped working", check online for a solution or close the program. The server on which I am trying to install Power BI Report Server already has SSRS installed but the service has been stopped. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerBIReportServer Setup Crashes

@trex0911 wrote:

The server on which I am trying to install Power BI Report Server already has SSRS installed but the service has been stopped. Any ideas?

I don't believe Microsoft supports having both PBIRS and SSRS installed on the same machine. By default the setup process should write out logs to your %temp% folder, so you could try checking there to see if that gives you more detail. But my suggestion is to uninstall SSRS or install PBIRS on a different machine.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerBIReportServer Setup Crashes

@trex0911 wrote:

The server on which I am trying to install Power BI Report Server already has SSRS installed but the service has been stopped. Any ideas?

I don't believe Microsoft supports having both PBIRS and SSRS installed on the same machine. By default the setup process should write out logs to your %temp% folder, so you could try checking there to see if that gives you more detail. But my suggestion is to uninstall SSRS or install PBIRS on a different machine.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,349)