Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI report builder vs ssrs

Does anyone know what benefits powerBI report builder has over SSRS? 

To me, these two are exactly the same. 
or am I mistaken in someway?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Power BI Report Builder is optimized for working with RDL Reports in Power BI Service, it has the ability to sign in to Power BI allowing you to open and save reports from your workspaces and also has support for querying both Power BI Premium datasets as well as Datasets that have been published to the service for non-premium users. Over the coming months more features will get added as additional features come online in the service.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is Premiere vs Non Premiere functions defined for Paginated reports ?  Currently I can't upload any reports to PowerBI the service without a premiere account;  any updates to the schedule on when this service is going to available to a larger audience.  Thanks

luisrh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

If you are talking about PBI Report builder vs.  the standard SSRS Report Builder They are pretty much the same based on my experience.   I assume there could be some enhancements or changes down the road.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

then, what is the point of releasing PowerBI report builder?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/power-bi-paginated-report-builder-now-available/

luisrh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

this is strictly for using with paginated reports on the service.  Not for use in Power BI Report Server.  If you are talking Power BI Report Server usage,  there is not much difference.  If using on the service there are some features it supports for that use case.

Power BI Report Builder is optimized for working with RDL Reports in Power BI Service, it has the ability to sign in to Power BI allowing you to open and save reports from your workspaces and also has support for querying both Power BI Premium datasets as well as Datasets that have been published to the service for non-premium users. Over the coming months more features will get added as additional features come online in the service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.