Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aalbar
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Report Server reports: Passing user credential to data source

Hi, 

Is there a way in PowerBI Report Server reports to pass user credentials to the data sources by promoting the users to enter username and password similar to the way Reporting Server Data source works? 

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
riccardomuti
Employee
Employee

No, you can delegate each user's identity to the data source (using Kerberos), or you can store one set of credentials, but there's no option to prompt each user for credentials when they open the report.

How do you delegate the users identity to the data source? I can't find any kerberos options in the powerbi report server configuration manager. Thanks in advanced!

Has anyone followed this doc and been successful? I'm trying to connect PBIRS(March'18) to SQL Server'17 Enterprise and have it pass user credentials for the person running the report to SQL Server. There are a great many things I'm good at. Active Directory isn't one of them; in particular "SPN's." Anyone have more specific instructions for non-AD server admins to tell the AD server admins what to do and how to do it? I'm currently getting blank stares from them. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.