Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jbeauche
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Report Server SSRS 2017 and SharePoint

Hello,
I've receive this response from the SQL support team and redirected to you:
"Based on my discussion with SQL team, after SSRS 2016 we may need to use PowerBI to connect SharePoint Resource. But PowerBI is out of support boundary. We would suggest you contact Power BI support team."

With the announce that "Reporting Services integration with SharePoint is no longer available after SQL Server 2016."

We would like to know how can we integrate PowerBI Report Server SSRS 2017 with SharePoint 2016+ ?

With SSRS 2016 in SharePoint integration mode we were able to create a subscription of a report and send the result to a SharePoint library in pdf format.

How can we implement the same, but with SSRS 2017 under PowerBi Report server SSRS 2017 ?

Thanks
Jean

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jbeauche,

You can also vote on this idea: Email subscriptions for Power BI reports in Report Server

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please read the following annoncement made in November 2016. It says SSRS Integrated Mode in Sharepoint won't exist starting at SQL Server vNext. So you can understand there will be no efforts to integrated Power BI Report Server into Sharepoint, but there will be a lightweight approaches to SharePoint integration (see in the blog).

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlrsteamblog/2016/11/17/simplifying-our-sharepoint-integration-sto...

Thanks.

Based on what I see, it will be possible in a near future.

Large organizations having SharePoint prefer to use it as their default location to store, organize and secure documents (for compliance).  

Hope they'll add OneDrive for Business OnPrem as well.

Thanks Microsoft. After wholeheartedly adopting the SSRS integrated mode for over 1,000 of our reports because of the wonderful way they could all be displayed on a single page by using a singe CQWP, not to mention how easy it was to manage security with internal dynamic security groups, how easy it was to analyze usage en mass, we're now forced to figure out how to deliver ALL of these reports another way. 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I do not think that is really a supported scenario going forward. SharePoint is largely out of the Microsoft BI platform. Power BI is the new front-end for publishing reports.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
jbeauche
Frequent Visitor

Hello,
I've receive this response from the SQL support team and redirected to you:
"Based on my discussion with SQL team, after SSRS 2016 we may need to use PowerBI to connect SharePoint Resource. But PowerBI is out of support boundary. We would suggest you contact Power BI support team."

With the announce that "Reporting Services integration with SharePoint is no longer available after SQL Server 2016."

We would like to know how can we integrate PowerBI Report Server SSRS 2017 with SharePoint 2016+ ?

With SSRS 2016 in SharePoint integration mode we were able to create a subscription of a report and send the result to a SharePoint library in pdf format.

How can we implement the same, but with SSRS 2017 under PowerBi Report server SSRS 2017 ?

Thanks

Jean

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.