Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WCONGRAVE Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Paginated Reports - URL Parameters

Hi

Is it possible to pass parameters into a PowerBI Paginated report via the URL? 

I'm looking to direct users to a Paginated Report from an Interactive report, passing across details such as account number, time period etc... to stop them having to re-select.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
d_gosbell New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: PowerBI Paginated Reports - URL Parameters

Since this forum is focused on the on-prem Power BI Report Server product I had assumed that you were asking about that (which is what the links I posted relate to).

As far as I am aware this is not yet supported on the Power BI service, but I have my fingers crossed that this will be added soon as it's a fairly important feature that a lot of people would use. 

7 REPLIES 7
New Contributor

Yes you can, the wat to do this is using the following technique https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/pass-a-report-parameter-within-a-url?view=sq...

There are a lot of other things you can control with url parameters including things like the render format so that you can link directly to a PDF or some other file format see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/url-access-parameter-reference?view=sql-serv...

Regular Visitor

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. I did try this with a paginated report but kept getting the parameter prompt coming up empty. 

This is the syntax I've used

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps/XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX/rdlreports/XXXXXX-XXXXXX-X...

where my parameter is called param_PHC

jkerski Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

If you have an example of it working, that would be a huge help. I tried the same thing as WCONGRAVE without success.
New Contributor

Since this forum is focused on the on-prem Power BI Report Server product I had assumed that you were asking about that (which is what the links I posted relate to).

As far as I am aware this is not yet supported on the Power BI service, but I have my fingers crossed that this will be added soon as it's a fairly important feature that a lot of people would use. 

jkerski Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the response.  I'll need to go up-vote that request Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Hi @d_gosbell 

Sorry about the wrong forum - I misread the title to say Service not Server!

I'll stop trying to get this working until I hear further news! Will be a big boost when they do release it.

New Contributor

@WCONGRAVE wrote:

Sorry about the wrong forum - I misread the title to say Service not Server!

That's OK. With Microsoft calling them Server and Service it happens quite frequently Smiley Happy It's not a big deal, it just meant a little extra back and forth was required to get to an answer