Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi report Authentication

I'm trying to configure power Bi report server access without AD authentication. Currently while accessing HTTPS enabled reports to link it's prompting me for domain username and password. is there any way we can remove AD authentication while accessing reports.

Thanks,

Santosh

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you want to view reports from the pbirs without ad or do you want to hide the form? If ast, put the website into the ocal intranet zone. For the first point, check basic authentification at msdn for reporting services.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your replay. I want to access some of the Power BI (Power BI report server On-premises) reports on the internet. Outside vendor should able to access the reports without any credentials. I'm using a data source for the report server from the file .xslx

Tried modifying report server.config file for manually changed the authentication type but it's didn't help much.

Thanks in advance for all the help and suggestions on the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you restart the Power BI service after making those changes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you read following page? There is a custom authentification discribed

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/security/configure-custom-or-forms-authentic...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the solution and feedback. I have tried custom authentication earlier and also followed the link you have mentioned but getting error i.e. server service is not available. if we use custom authentication will it ask form authentication at first place for external users over the internet.

Thanks,

Santosh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors