Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ryan-williams
Regular Visitor

Power Bi Report Server - Windows Security dialog box

Hi Guys/Gals,
I'm hosting PowerBi Reportserver on Windows Server 2016 which is working, however, when attempting to connect from any other machine on the network or even a VM on the same server I am prompted with the Windows Security dialog login box.

Is there any way we can remove this level of authentication so that no password or credentials are required for the user attempting to access the reportserver e.g (http://192.168.1.10/ReportServer)

ryanwilliams_0-1624965060193.png

I couldn't see anything under Report Server Configuration Manager to allow anonymous login, not under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\ReportServer\rsreportserver.config. 

I've already attempted to add the RS to the trusted sited and changed my IE settings under

Tools > Internet Options > Security (Tab) > Custom Level > changed it to Automatic Logon with current user name and password. But still prompted..

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Try running the browser as Admin and then post the URL in. Do you want other users to also access the RS without authentication? Thats a legthy process with Custom Security dll implementations and a logon page at report server.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ryan-williams
Regular Visitor

Thanks, AbhiSSRS for your response, i/we are looking to allow any users on the network access the RS without the need for any authentication. Can you point me in the direction or share any more information on the 'Custom Security dll' you referenced?

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Try running the browser as Admin and then post the URL in. Do you want other users to also access the RS without authentication? Thats a legthy process with Custom Security dll implementations and a logon page at report server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors