Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi Report Server January 2022 - unable to edit dashboards

Hello

I have upgraded our dev server to Report Server Jan 2022 and I'm completly unable to edit any dashboards.

When I open a dashboard in the web browser no 'edit in power bi desktop' button appears. I am also unable to open the 'Manage' part of the dashboard to alter settings.

If I try and open the dashboard in Power Bi Desktop I get 'Sorry, you don't have permission to open this file.'

My account has the System Administrator role. 

Any ideas please @Petebro ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've sorted this.

The live upgrade went fine.

I got another systemadmint delte and re-add me. They then also went to manage folders and re-added to the permission there and now all is good.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've sorted this.

The live upgrade went fine.

I got another systemadmint delte and re-add me. They then also went to manage folders and re-added to the permission there and now all is good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I logon I can't see the 'manage folder' button. I found this post:

https://sqlryan.com/2020/04/viewing-active-and-missing-permissions-in-ssrs-and-power-bi-server/

When running the sql in it against my username  and comparing against my live server I can see that my user appears to be missing a boat load of permissions including 'content manager' as you pointed out.

This is problem that has only occurred since running the latest update. I'm going to snapshot my live server today and try running the update against it to see if the same thing occurs whilst try to fix the permissions on my dev server. Like a fool I didn't snapshot the dev server before I ran the upgrade

Petebro
Employee
Employee

What folder permissions do you have? Make sure you have content manager role on that particular folder. System Administrator doesn't always have full permissions on all folders.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.