Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CEllis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power Bi Report Builder

Hi All,

Not sure if this is possible yet in Report Builder.

The Tablix column heading uses data to group each column on, when data does'nt exist for that column the column no longer appears. This makes sence.

I remember it is possible to define the columns when data doesnt exist in MS Access on a crosstab table and woundered if there is a way to do a similar thing in report builder.

This is to keep tablix columns aligned from different datasets.

Hope this makes sence.

Many thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes thats right, I was hoping to list them so they appear on the PDF report to align table columns.

The only other way I think might work is adding all the possible groups to the dataset with nothing against  them to give the illusion columns have data but with a 0 result in the event they are mssing.

Many thanks

Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CEllis ,

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding.
Are you expecting to define the columns when data doesn't exist in power bi report builder?
As far as I know this is not possible in Power BI Report builder, if you want to do this with Power BI, you can consider using Power BI Desktop, which supports this feature.

See:Show items with no data in Power BI 

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes thats right, I was hoping to list them so they appear on the PDF report to align table columns.

The only other way I think might work is adding all the possible groups to the dataset with nothing against  them to give the illusion columns have data but with a 0 result in the event they are mssing.

Many thanks

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.