Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
poncho6296 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power BI server Sharepoint Credentials don't recognize

Hello guys,

I need your help, I made a Power BI report using data from a Sharepoint Folder (the report combine all the Excel files in the Folder). I set the credentials of my Organization and it works perfectly in Power BI desktop. 

The problem comes when I published the report in the server. I tried to set the scheduled refresh, unfortunately it shows me this message:

image.pngThe Web Data Sources are Sharepoint connections too.

I have been looking for help in the forums and in the page of support from Windows (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-troubleshooting-power-bi-personal-gateway). 

Since the Sharepoint is in cloud I do not need to set a Gateway connection. When I tried to updated the credentials this message appears me:

image.pngError message after trying update Windows Credentials.

Do you have any idea why the server is not recognizing my credentials and why when I tried to updated them an error occurs?

1 REPLY 1
Power BI Team rpatkar
Power BI Team

Re: Power BI server Sharepoint Credentials don't recognize

Looks like you uploaded the report to the service at www.powerbi.com and not the on-prem power bi report server. If so, please post your question to the service forum.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 986 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: