Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Abdelmajid
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI report subscription keeps stop working after a successful few deliveries

Hello,

Few of our Power BI subscription run successfully for few after configuration. But, stop working after that with te below error under result:

"The subscription contains parameter values that are not valid."

When I check the subscription settings, I see that two of the parameters get reset to default .

Any idea about teh root cause please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RobThrive
Resolver I
Resolver I

I'm assuming this is actually for an SSRS (paginated) report in report server?

Here is what happened when I had this same issue

I developed a report in the test environment. I had a parameter which took it's available values from a query. That query looked up all the values in "CreatedByUser" column from table ABC in SQL. Great so now I have 10 users in the report drop down.

When I published to the live environment, i setup a subscription and changed the parameter to "User10". problem was, "User10" hadn't created any data in our table in live yet! so the subscription failed with the same reason you have listed above.

I changed my code to the below, to now populate the username dropdown:

SELECT distinct username FROM table_ABC
union
'User10".

No longer matters if there is no data in there for this user when I deployed and setup the subscription. Just means they'll get no data in the report.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RobThrive
Resolver I
Resolver I

I'm assuming this is actually for an SSRS (paginated) report in report server?

Here is what happened when I had this same issue

I developed a report in the test environment. I had a parameter which took it's available values from a query. That query looked up all the values in "CreatedByUser" column from table ABC in SQL. Great so now I have 10 users in the report drop down.

When I published to the live environment, i setup a subscription and changed the parameter to "User10". problem was, "User10" hadn't created any data in our table in live yet! so the subscription failed with the same reason you have listed above.

I changed my code to the below, to now populate the username dropdown:

SELECT distinct username FROM table_ABC
union
'User10".

No longer matters if there is no data in there for this user when I deployed and setup the subscription. Just means they'll get no data in the report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.