Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

greenbank_2020
Frequent Visitor

Power BI report server with custom security save as issue

Hi,

We have installed power bi report server with custom security. We can login with registered user without issue. When we try to save as report to report server and get below issues. We are able to import report into report server without issue.

Can anyone help?

Capture.PNG

greenbank_2020

5 REPLIES 5
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

If you save the file to a local drive, then use the "Upload" button on the PBIRS portal does the report upload and function correctly?

If you have not tried this it's worth testing this. It's one possible work around for your issue and I'm not sure if pbix reports support custom authentication. The custom auth feature was built for paginated reports and I'm not sure if it will authenticate properly to the tabular data model inside a pbix based report.

I suspect that the "Save As" dialog is getting blocked by an authentication prompt from your custom code, but it does not have the ability to present this to prompt to the user. But this is all speculation as I'm only using Windows Auth.

thanks, d_gosbell!

Upload is working without any issue. I have created simple report and it work well after upload into report server. it does pop an authentication prompt when I use report builder to save as report. But Power BI desktop RS doesn't pop for custom authentication.

Anyone has the same experience?

Have you tried debugging your custom authentication code while doing the save as operation? I just had someone on this other thread https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Unexpected-Error-Power-BI-report-Server-With-Desktop-... say that they found and fixed an issue with custom auth and the the Power BI Desktop "save as" dialog. (unfortunately they did not provide specific details and it looks like they've deleted their forum account so there is no way to contact them)

thanks for your information, d_gosbell!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Just wondering if you managed to find a soution for this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors