Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI report server direct query - Impersonate

Hi,

i have this problem :

Power BI Server on premise May2019

i created a very simple report that show a table from a sql server source.

This report works well just for the only user that have rdp enabled on the server report and that do minium one acces.

In other case i have this error

Cattura.PNG

I not know why tell about SSAS , i 'm not using! just sql server source and all users have permission on it

Some one can help me?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
rlbuhtbiadp
Frequent Visitor

We are having the same problem after upgrading to Power BI Report Server May 2019. Power BI creates a tabular model of your data in an embedded SSAS instance when the report is run and should then give the user read access to this model.

In the May update, this permissions assigning process doesn't seem to be working which is why your error message says that you can't connect to the SSAS server. We've also seen that the default mode of the model is changed to 'Import' instead of 'DirectQuery' when we query the SSAS instance from the report server. 

Our workaround is to re-install the January version of PBIRS desktop which seems to work OK even with May's version on the server. Hopefully MS can issue a fix so we can use the new May features again soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors