Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giorgilomidze
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI report server bookmarks, navigating through pages.

Capture5.PNG I'm working on report server. I need to be able to navigate through report pages. as long as i know bookmarks are not available in report server but when i create a shape and then go to "format shape" it shows section "Link". after i turn it "on" it shows "type" in tyoe i choose "bookmarks" and there is "none". is this some alternative to a bookmark feature or what is it.?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Correct, I do not believe that the current version of Report Server and Power BI Desktop RS support bookmarks yet so you can't add them in that edition of the Desktop. I think bookmarks appeared in November and the current Desktop RS edition is from October.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

Abdelh
Employee
Employee

I have recently came a cross the same issue, and here is a work around to get the bookmarks to work in the PBI RS.

1- Create your reports in the PBI RS desktop version, don't create the bookmarks yet. back up your file.

2- Open the file in the PBI service desktop version.

3- add the bookmarks, save and close.

4- re-open the file in the PBI RS vdesktop version and save in that version.

5- publish the reports to RS and everything should work.

This worked very nicely for me.

Good luck,

Abdel

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Abdelh
Employee
Employee

I have recently came a cross the same issue, and here is a work around to get the bookmarks to work in the PBI RS.

1- Create your reports in the PBI RS desktop version, don't create the bookmarks yet. back up your file.

2- Open the file in the PBI service desktop version.

3- add the bookmarks, save and close.

4- re-open the file in the PBI RS vdesktop version and save in that version.

5- publish the reports to RS and everything should work.

This worked very nicely for me.

Good luck,

Abdel

I was hesitant, but this worked for me too.

Bookmarks, previously a preview feature, are now generally available in the March 2018 release of Power BI Desktop, so they'll roll into our upcoming March 2018 release of Power BI Report Server. Targeting release in the second half of this month. Stay tuned!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have installed May 2019 desktop optimized for  SSRS. Can someone tell me how to setup bookmarks. I get conflicting feedback of the availability of bookmarks for  report server. If there is a way to setup book marks for report server can you send me link or the steps to create them. Thanks.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I do not believe it is an alternative, it is a way to turn a shape into a toggle essentially. The shape essentially links to the bookmark so that when you click the shape, you essentially navigate to the bookmark.

Latest book!:

ok but where can i add bookmark to a shape. as i know you should have bookmarks pane and it should be added from options, preview features. but in report server there is no preview features. and i can't understand from where i can add bookmarks in report server?

Untitled d.pngbookmark of desktop.PNG

Correct, I do not believe that the current version of Report Server and Power BI Desktop RS support bookmarks yet so you can't add them in that edition of the Desktop. I think bookmarks appeared in November and the current Desktop RS edition is from October.

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.