Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sujayb

Power BI report based on Essabase DirectQuery) is not getting uploaded to Power BI Reporting Server

Hello.

I have created a Power BI report based Essbase(DirectQuery) uisng Power BI Desktop.

Now I want to upload it to Power BI Reporting servcer.

Its giving me generic message of "We're not able to upload this report. The report was created with a recent version of Power BI Desktop that is not yet supported by this server" . The error message does not make sense as I am able to upload a Power BI sql server report without any issue.

The version of PB Desktop is Version: 2.81.5831.1181 64-bit (May 2020) . This I downloaded from PBIRS portal which says optimized to use with PBIRS May 2020 version.

The version of my PBIRS is 1.8.7485.35104 (May 2020) . Ever I tried creating PB report using PB Desktop  2.76.5678.1521 64-bit (January 2020)..Got same issue..Only with PB Reports based on Essbase connection.

The report works fine in PB BI Desktop and PB BI url (publish) I had to use On premise data Gateway.

Any suggestion is appreciated

Thanks Sujay

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.