I found some other way to conenct to Sharepoint Folder . First connect using Sharepoint List connector --> edit --> click on the Source at Applied Step --> Replace the Query with this = SharePoint.Contents("www.yourishareSite.com", [ApiVersion = 14])
When I connect to SharePoint folder in Power BI Desktop optimized for report server, everything works well. Do you use Windows credential? If you are using SharePoint Online, please use Microsoft account to connect to the data source in power BI Desktop optimized for report server.
In addition, regarding to the error message about UNC path, please check if the file is occupied by other programs and you have appropriate permission on it.
Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Yes I use Windows credentials, we've even tried using our Farm Admin account as it has no permission restrictions (to our knowledge). We are running SP2013.
In terms of UNC then I can connect to it in Desktop (optimised for Report Server) no problem. The issue occurs when I try to set up a refresh schedule on the report server. So by the fact I can connect from Desktop this confirms I have the approriate permissions and PBI Desktop is happy with the state of the files.
Hi @v-yuezhe-msft I do not have the resource to configure our development environment as a test. Can you advise or point me in the direction to confirm Power BI supports on premise Sharepoint folders in a standard load balanced / mirrored infrastructure? Thanks
I opened a support ticket with Microsoft earlier in February. We got someone to meet online with us and our SharePoint administrator. We shared a screen and let him experiment. He was able to reproduce the errors on our system, and said he'd have to do more research and would get back to us the following week. I didn't hear from him the following week, so I sent an email. He replied that someone else had been assigned to the problem (just great 😕 now we have to waste time explaining the problem again). I have not heard from the new tech support person. So, I sent another email today along with the link to this discussion.
If we find a solution, I'll post it here. Just for reference: we are using on-premises SharePoint 2013 and on-premises only Power BI Report Server. We do not have the Office 365 tenant enabled, but our security and infrastructure people are looking at enabling sync between local AD and Azure AD.