Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI new created user can not see data in report server while all other users can

I am trying to test how row level security works. I have a live connection between Power BI and my data model in SSAS.

In order to test the row level security I have created a new user. I followed the row level security tutorial on the MS website but kept having trouble because when i logged in with the user in Report Server i could not see any data. All I could see was the blank table.

However, what I realised was that even if i didn't put any row filters or even if I assigned the user as admin it still could not see any data.

Here is what I see when i login with this test user (even though they now have an admin role and should see all the data):

Capture.PNG

Would anyone be able to assist with this? When I login with my own user in report server I can see all the data fine.

Would really appreciate the help.

2 REPLIES 2
KBO
MVP

Hi @Anonymous ,

in this case you put the RLS into the SSAS and you can test it directly in SSAS 🙂

here are some helpful links:

https://radacad.com/row-level-security-with-ssas-tabular-live-connection-in-power-bi

https://www.qumio.com/Blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=49

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.