Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LParker97
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Server fails to refresh, yet refresh's on Desktop

Hi, Me and my colleague have recently added a file to the PowerBI Server, It succesfully refreshes on PowerBI Desktop but the scheduled refresh has the following error:

[0] -1055784932: Unspecified error. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[1] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[2] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[3] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[4] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface

We think it's to do with the connection to the data sources which are on a shared drive, but we are unsure how. If anyone is able to give us a fix, that would be fantastic. Thankyou.

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

How are you referencing the shared drive? Are you using a drive letter (eg g:\ ) or are you using a UNC path (eg \\servername\sharename)?

Because drive letters are mapped per user and the service account for PBIRS probably does not have any drives mapped so if you want to do a scheduled refresh from a shared drive you need to use a UNC path (which you need to set in your original pbix file)

We are referencing the sharedrive via \\global.*company*.com\sharename on all of our datasources

Sorry, that's the most common issue I see when trying to refresh from shared drives. Unfortunately the "unspecified error" does not give us anything to go on. You may need to look at raising a support case with Microsoft.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.