Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Server Upload Issue

Hi Folks, 

I recently installed Power BI Server (Trial Edition) on my laptop on Win 10 Pro with SQL Server Developer Edition and I could publish from "Power BI Desktop (Oct 17) for Report Server" or Upload directly from the Power BI Report Server interface a PBIX file larger than  100Mb. 

However when I try to perform the same functionality on the Development Server running 'Power BI Report Server - Developer Edition' on Windows 2012 Server with SQL Server Developer Edition I get the following error "This file is too large to be uploaded. Files larger than 100 MB are not currently supported."

When I try to publish from the "Power BI Desktop (Oct 17) for Report Server" to my Dev Server I get the following error "Can't Open File or Folder /. It may have been moved, renamed or deleted". I have admin access on the Dev - Power BI Report Server and permission to publish to the folder I am trying to. 

I have tried to search for a solution for these error messages but can't find a clear solution. Can someone with knowledge about this or previous expeirence please help to resolve it? 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rajiv_tarafdar,

With the latest Power BI report server version 14.0.600.442, default file size limit is 1 GB, and wen can increase it further to 2 GB. 

In your scenario, please make sure you are running the latest version. Also connect to Power BI report server instance in SSMS and right click to open server properties, check which value set for the MaxFileSizeMb (Default is now 1000). 

q7.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Checked all of the settings on SSRS. The Limit is high enough to allow the file

I am also running the Oct 17 version of PBRS. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.