Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

blynn
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Server May 2022?

Will there be an Upate for Power Bi Server in May? I can't find a road map for it. The plan was every 3 months, but with Covid it Slipped but it getting behind compared to the Desktop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

They release Report Server every 4 months in January, May and September (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/support-timeline). The Sept release last year slipped to the next month, but that is the only release that has been delayed since they started this release cadence. They normally release towards the end of the month so I would hope to see the next release in a few weeks.

@blynn wrote:

but it getting behind compared to the Desktop.

They always release a matching "Report Server" version of Desktop with each release of the server and you should always use that version so that the features in Desktop match those on your server.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

They release Report Server every 4 months in January, May and September (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/support-timeline). The Sept release last year slipped to the next month, but that is the only release that has been delayed since they started this release cadence. They normally release towards the end of the month so I would hope to see the next release in a few weeks.

@blynn wrote:

but it getting behind compared to the Desktop.

They always release a matching "Report Server" version of Desktop with each release of the server and you should always use that version so that the features in Desktop match those on your server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors