Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matters34
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Server Mapping

I've been working with Power BI for the past year and have been using the Report Server with our clients since they're not ready to move to the cloud solution just yet. I've always thought that Microsoft would update their solution every 4 months, but they've dropped the ball on that. But, no matter, I kept building reports in the current Power BI Server.

However, the Power BI Server may have started breaking. The Bing Map visual is not currently working in our server. Has anyone come across this problem before?

This map should be divided into the separate counties of Nevada. It was working last week with a color saturation on a measure. However, we find out that each installation of the server is showing the same symptom. Can someone please help?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Matters34,

We use the On-Prem PBIRS as well, and we do mapping. We are based in the UK, so different maps, but in general we have found the mapping is working ok. We do have some render problems on occasion, which we have never got to the bottom of, but usually f5 sorts the issue.

We are using the latest version released Nov 1 2017, without any of the later bug fixes.

I understand from other post on the community that the MS PBI team are planning on releasing an updated version of the PBIRS later this month. But there is no published roadmap or indication of what will be in this release. I have asked for both with no reply from MS.

There have been some improvements to the mapping in the Cloud version, hopefully they will appear in the March 2018 RS release, fingers crossed.

Regards

Rob 

@Anonymous, Thank you for giving me an input on this topic. I was wondering what you use to build your maps? Did you use names or geocodes to locate the specific places you wanted on the map?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are using long and latitude values to identify specific locations. We are not mapping areas.

Rob

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.