Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rayj

Power BI Server Machine Key Not Recognized with Custom Auth Enabled

Our organization has successfully deployed PowerBI Report Server (OCT 2017 v1.1.6551.5155) with custom authentication enabled. However, the changes for the machine key outlined here move the placement of the machine key from the web.config to the rsreportserver.config, this is not functioning as described. The only way to get the solution to work is to place the machine key in the machine.config ("C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config"). This then breaks other applications on the host.

Does anyone have any insight on providing a way to get the machine key to be recognized in the rsreportserver.config as outlined in the Oct 2017 configuration parameters?

3 REPLIES 3
sowmyaKrishna
Frequent Visitor

Hi @rayj,

Did you get solution for this powerBI Custom authetication?

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rayj,

Here is a similar thread, please have a look at:

Powerbi report server custom authentication adding machineKey

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft hi

I added machinekey in my rsreportserver.config file and I followed same steps in below link https://github.com/Microsoft/Reporting-Services/tree/master/CustomSecuritySample

but I got 500 internal server error, Please give me the solution.

Thanks in Advance..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.