Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FernSant
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Server Jan 2021 Scheduled Job Fails: The given data source kind is not supported. Data sour

There is an issue I come accross by Scheduling  a report with API Jason Content with Parameters.

PS:  in this case I have function to retrieve TOKEN wich change constantly.

Now Scheduled taks in Power BI Server Fails:

[0] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, The given data source kind is not supported. Data source kind: UnknownCallsite..

8 REPLIES 8
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@FernSant 

I found a blog that use  Relative path method may work with your issue.

Chris Webb's BI Blog: Using The RelativePath And Query Options With Web.Contents() In Power Query An...

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

FernSant
Helper I
Helper I

Working in previous version  ?

1. Using Assigner Public API and in PBIRS Authentication as Anonymous
- In Version PBIRS May and October 2020 and January 2021, Scheduler Refresh always has been working.

2. Using Assigner Public API(parameter within Json.Document(Web.Contents URL) and in PBIRS Authentication as Anonymous Scheduler Fails
- In Version PBIRS May 2020 I was able to deploy to PBRS but not able to create Scheduler Refresh
- In Version PBIRS October 2020 I was Not able to deploy to PBRS
- In Version PBIRS January 2021, I was able to deploy to PBRS and able to create Scheduler Refresh but Scheduler fails

Petebro
Employee
Employee

One quick follow up question. Did this exact scenario work in the past for you? I had assumed it did but I wanted to make sure that is the case.

Hi Peter,

1. Using Assigner Public API and in PBIRS Authentication as Anonymous
  - In Version PBIRS May and October 2020 and January 2021, Scheduler Refresh always has been working.

2. Using Assigner Public API(parameter within Json.Document(Web.Contents URL) and in PBIRS Authentication as Anonymous Scheduler Fails
  - In Version PBIRS May 2020 I was able to deploy to PBRS but not able to create Scheduler Refresh
  - In Version PBIRS October 2020 I was Not able to deploy to PBRS
  - In Version PBIRS January 2021, I was able to deploy to PBRS and able to create Scheduler Refresh but Scheduler fails

FernSant
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Pete,

I am using Assigar API, I will work fine winth Anonymous Authentication Type in PBI RS Datasource.

However when I use parameter within son.Document(Web.Contents URL I got the error: "given data source kind is not supported"

Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.assignar.com.au/v2/timesheets?page_size="& size &"&page="& page &"&submitted_date__gte=" & fromdate, [Headers=[Authorization=GetTokenFunction(), ContentType="application\json"]]))

Petebro
Employee
Employee

Can you tell me which API you are calling and what the response used to give you back?

Was this ever addressed? This has been working for me for years and suddenly stopped. As soon as I touch any of working reports with new version of Power BI desktop (May 2021) and save them, they stop working. January 2021 version worked until I enabled meta data preview feature, and then outcome was the same as above. I am more of a consumer of the data, rather than programmer, hence I have a limited understanding of type of API I am using, however, it also starts with "let
Source = (size as text, page as text, fromdate as text) as table =>
let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://"

Very frustrating. Anything we can do to fix that? I am afraid I will not be able to use anonymous. Your help is appreciated.

I am using Assigar API, I will work fine winth Anonymous Authentication Type in PBI RS Datasource.

However when I use parameter within son.Document(Web.Contents URL I got the error: "given data source kind is not supported"

let
Source = (size as text, page as text, fromdate as text) as table =>
let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.assignar.com.au/v2/timesheets?page_size="& size &"&page="& page &"&submitted_date__gte=" & fromdate, [Headers=[Authorization=GetTokenFunction(), ContentType="application\json"]]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.