Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rajkumar
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Reporting server Matrix column is not supporting for text wrapping on the Report server

Hi Team,

I have a report created in "Power BI Reporting server" desktop. The Matrix column is not supporting for text wrapping on the Report server, but the same column is supporting for text wrapping in the Desktop application.

Could you please help me to acheive it on the Reporting server ?

Rajkumar.PBI Report Screenshot.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rajkumar,

As I mentioned in original post, the issue doesn't exist in Power BI report server version 14.0.600.442 based on my test, the issue should be related to report server version. I would suggest you upgrade Power BI report server version then test again. But before upgrade, please backup your report server related configurations follow this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/upgrade

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issue, and I am on the October 2017 version of the Report Server. This is still the most recent version, correct? Is there anything else that could cause this? I'm reporting on text-heavy columns and my report is nearly unreadable. 

Rajkumar
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thanks for your reply, have downloaded the latest desktop application but still facing the same issue as the wrapping is supporting in desktop version but not in the reporting server.

Do I need to update my reporting server as well?

Regards,

Rajkumar.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rajkumar,

Based on my test in Power BI report server version 14.0.600.442, matrix word wrap for row headers is working. Please update your Power BI report server version then test again. 

w2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.