Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DSG-Lux
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Report does not show

Dear Microsoft-Team,

we really struggle with combining the on-premise Power BI Report Server (June Release) with the current Power BI apps in iOS Store and Windows Store.

For the connection we had to install the root certificates of our company on the corresponding phones. The connection via browser to the server is then working fine. -- However, the SSRS/Power BI Server ignores the mobile views of Power BI Reports on normal browsers (Safari/Chrome) completely. Is this by design/intention? 

So, we figured out we need to use the "Power BI Mobile" app, available in the mobile vendor's stores. Here we face even more problems:

• On windows phone 10 (Lumia 650) we can connect without problems after the installation of the root certificates but not a single report created with Power BI Desktop is visible but only the KPIs we created. -- Simply not rendering the Power BI Reports.
  • On new iPhones it seems to work, BUT the connection URL is not always taken. We had "experiences" where we needed to connect with the "ReportServer/browse" then remove the "browse" of the URL and then everything went fine.
  • On older iPhones like the "SE" we cannot establish the SSL connection because some ciphers for the TLS layer seem to be missing on this device. 

In the end, we just want to establish mobile reporting with Power BI Reports in our company. So far, we do not see how we could do this with "on-premise" Power BI only. 

Do you have any suggestions? 

best regards,

S. Görg

11 REPLIES 11
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DSG-Lux,

To view reports with Phone Layout, we need to install Power BI Mobile app. If you log on service on mobile device via normal browsers, you will see report layout the same as that on computer. This is by design.

Currently the Windows Modile app only supports Mobile reports and KPIs from SSRS, Power BI report server reports are currently only supported in the iOS and Android versions of the Power BI mobile app.

Please refer to this article to see how to View on-premises report server reports and KPIs in the Power BI mobile apps

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although the topic may be a littlebit older, I´m experiencing the same behaviour. On an iOs Device the PowerBI report renders fine on the browser, but is not visible in the PowerBI app.

I checked on the network and everything, but the report won´t show on the PowerBI app, although I´m connected via VPN.

Any ideas or hints? It´s a quite mess at the moment.

Best regards,

Thomas

I am usually a strong Microsoft supporter but it seems Microsoft intentionally defeats its own plans to create a mobile platform. It is hard to understand the reasons for such strategic decisions. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

DSG, have you been able to solve the topic in the end?

Would be happy to know, what caused the behaviour.

Best regards,

Thomas

We switched to March Release 2018 and we use Mobile Iron to manage Power BI.

At the moment everything is working.

Do you use mobile layout in app or open ın web layout in app?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tested mobile Layout and the first results look promising. But we have focus on publishing for PowerBI on tablets.

Best regards,
Thomas

Power BI app on iOS. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hah, finally I did it, the PBIRS needs a login with domain as it relies on AD. small thing, but great effect.

Hi,

"the SSRS/Power BI Server ignores the mobile views of Power BI Reports on normal browsers (Safari/Chrome) completely. Is this by design/intention? "

is it impoossible with using parameter in URL?When we send one paramater to choose mobile design, report can show us mobile layout. is it possible now? Do you have any plan in these situation ?

DSG-Lux
Helper I
Helper I

Dear Microsoft-Team,

we really struggle with combining the on-premise Power BI Report Server (June Release) with the current Power BI apps in iOS Store and Windows Store.

For the connection we had to install the root certificates of our company on the corresponding phones. The connection via browser to the server is then working fine. -- However, the SSRS/Power BI Server ignores the mobile views of Power BI Reports on normal browsers (Safari/Chrome) completely. Is this by design/intention? 

So, we figured out we need to use the "Power BI Mobile" app, available in the mobile vendor's stores. Here we face even more problems:

• On windows phone 10 (Lumia 650) we can connect without problems after the installation of the root certificates but not a single report created with Power BI Desktop is visible but only the KPIs we created. -- Simply not rendering the Power BI Reports.
  • On new iPhones it seems to work, BUT the connection URL is not always taken. We had "experiences" where we needed to connect with the "ReportServer/browse" then remove the "browse" of the URL and then everything went fine.
  • On older iPhones like the "SE" we cannot establish the SSL connection because some ciphers for the TLS layer seem to be missing on this device. 

In the end, we just want to establish mobile reporting with Power BI Reports in our company. So far, we do not see how we could do this with "on-premise" Power BI only. 

Do you have any suggestions? 

best regards,

S. Görg

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.