Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DineshDwilco
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server

Hi Folks,

I have few queries in Power BI Report Server.

• If I have SQL Server Enterprise Edition + Software Assurance i don't need Purchase Power BI Report Server Premium same Key can I use it?
  • If I have Power BI Report Server Premium which SQL Edition Better To use? like Express, Enterprise

Regards

Dinesh D

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

Correct, you need SQL Server Enterprise cores (with SA) --or-- Power BI premium cores. Express/Standard or other SQL editions do not qualify. 

View solution in original post

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@DineshDwilco 

With valid SQL product key you are allowed to install report server. And in configuration SQL Server is the place where you can store report server content and application in a sql database.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@DineshDwilco 

With valid SQL product key you are allowed to install report server. And in configuration SQL Server is the place where you can store report server content and application in a sql database.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

Correct, you need SQL Server Enterprise cores (with SA) --or-- Power BI premium cores. Express/Standard or other SQL editions do not qualify. 

Hi Thanks for your valuable Answer

if I Use Power BI Report server with Postgresql Database can use SQL Express edition at that time and what is the Role of SQL Server in the report Server?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.