Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jtjones0304
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server tooltips not working in Chrome after August 2018 upgrade

After we upgraded our Power BI Report Server to the August 2018 update, standard tooltips no longer display when using the Chrome browser.  I've tried clearing the Chrome data (cookies, cache, etc) but still no tooltips. 

Is there a workaround or patch available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the quick response.   The tooltips are enabled on the visuals and there are no report pages as tooltips.  It works fine in Internet Explorer but no Chrome.

I ended up resolving the issue but clearing the by clearing the browser data in Chrome and including clearing "Hosted app data"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please check at the report that to tooltips enabled or that no report pages as tooltips set.

Thanks for the quick response.   The tooltips are enabled on the visuals and there are no report pages as tooltips.  It works fine in Internet Explorer but no Chrome.

I ended up resolving the issue but clearing the by clearing the browser data in Chrome and including clearing "Hosted app data"

Hi @jtjones0304 ,

I am facing the same issue. I can see the tooltip in Internet explorer but not in chrome.
I tried clearing browsing history and Hosted App data as well but still it didn't help. I am using Jan 2019 report server version.
Any idea about it?

Thanks,
Poonam    

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.