Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Server scale out deployment on AWS uisng AWS load balancer

Hi All,

Have you tried to set up Power BI Report Server scale out deployment on AWS using AWS load balancer. I have set up this environment but i have lot of errors when I use AWS application load balancer. Someone from you have maybe working scenario like this one.

Thank you.

Regards,

Pawel

4 REPLIES 4
Gainer

Same issue here.

Gainer

U+Any update on PowerBI on AWS ALB.

Encountering 400 and 401 errors. Looks like sticky sessions aren't working.

Any one able to implement PowerBI with AWS Load Balancer?

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I have not done this using AWS, but we have an internal scale out deployment behind an F5 load balancer and it works fine.

Have you carefully followed all the configuration steps in the documentation

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-server/configure-a-report-server-on-a...

Configuring the BackConnectionHostNames, ViewState and other configuration settings?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I was trying with Classic load balancer and Application load balancer. Classic load balancer is sending requests to all hosts. With Application load balancer(and sticky sessions) we have lot http 400 errors and other errors during displaying the page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors