cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajidmansoorali Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Power BI Report Server pricing

as per local vendor, it's mandatory to purchase at least 2 packs, i.e. 4 core. for SQL Server Enterprise + SA.

i want to purchse only 1pack of 2 core with SA. can i do ?

cnschulz Member

Hi, 

I'd like a little clarification on this if possible.

We have many SQL servers, a mix of Enterprise and Standard and we have 1 Enterprise Licence with Software assurance. 

I can essentially install PBIRS as an app server, with the the software on machine A, the RS databases on machine B and the data from machine C. So, is it a physical requirement of operation that one of these machines needs Enterprise SQL or is it solely for licencing purposes? If not, which one needs enterprise?

Cheers

JanV
Advisor

Similar question.

Still need some clarity on the following situation: if you just have somewhere within your organization a SQL EE SA license available your are able to install a Power BI RS on other machines and the report catalog db on e.g. a SQL Server standard edition? Would this somehow limit functionality or would this work just fine?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand