Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Xain_deSleena
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server on premises install not working when managing Paginated Report

After installing Power BI Report Server (January 2021) release.

We get this error when we try to do any managing of the server.

For example I am trying to create a Subscription to a paginated report, however the report had to be uploaded via Report Builder because it will not upload via the PBI Report Server.

When I click on New Subcription for the report I get a message 'Something went Wrong, An error has occurred, Please try again later'

In the Report Server Portal log:

OData exception occurred: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:443

We do not have anything configured for Port 443 although I understand this to be used for TLS, SSL connection.

What is Power BI Report Server trying to connect to?

Is this a local address or a remote local address?

Whatever it is, this happens when the error occurs.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Xain_deSleena
Frequent Visitor

The problem appears to be related to a hosts file entry for 127.0.0.1. We commented this out and the server appears to be working.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Xain_deSleena
Frequent Visitor

The problem appears to be related to a hosts file entry for 127.0.0.1. We commented this out and the server appears to be working.

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Xain_deSleena 

What is the datasource in your report builder report?

Report server uses local onpremies sql database to store data. And the newest version is May 2021, please update to prevent unexpected issues. What is the datasource in your report builder report.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Upgrading did not help we still have the same problem. I still want to know why Report server is trying to connect to this address 127.0.0.1:443. Something has created that request. We do have a load balancer that may be playing a part in this issue so if I figure that out I will let you know. I managed to upload a report using Report Builder but if I try to make a new data source or subscription I get the same error in the log about something trying to connect to 127.0.0.1:443

I had to make a custom data source because the application gives similar error when trying to make a normal shared datasource. The datasource does not have any ports in the connection string. The datasource is quite simple. I will upgrade the server as you suggested.

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Try granting admin access to the Id you used to login to report server on ReportServer DB. 

The account I use is the Sysadmin of both the report server and the database server.

Thanks, I am not sure what you mean sorry, what is ld? I am curious to know what is happening when PBI trys to connect to 127.0.0.1:443. The site is initially http://.... Then I think it trys to make a secure connection on https://.... turning the website URl into an https://..... and for some reason cannot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.