Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kaarel
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI Report Server on Azure VM with SQL Enterprise?

Hi!

Can I use Power BI Report Server on Azure VM image with SQL Enteprise? Do those images include "Software Assurance"?

"Alternatively, if you have SQL Server Enterprise with active Software Assurance, you can use your Enterprise per-core licenses to run Power BI Report Server"

Best Wishes,
Kaarel.

4 REPLIES 4
chrisfin
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi Kaarel,

No, those images do not come with software assurance, and Power BI Report Server isn't eligible for BYOL scenarios either.  You may use the pre-configured image in Azure for test/dev scenarios if you'd like, but there is no support for production scenarios with PBI-RS in Azure at this time.

Chris

is there a timeline as to when Power BI Report Server will be available to run in an Azure VM (Iaas) for production use?

Same question here.

Hope Microsoft makes Power BI Report Server available for IaaS soon.

is there any timeline as to when we it will be possible to run the Power BI Report Server in an Azure IaaS VM for production use?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.