Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Janithri
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server not working : Opens only version page

Hi, I have installed Power BI Report Server Trial Version. The installation was successful and the configuration resulted in reserving a URL. However, the URL does not open the power BI portal and only opens a page with Version number.

I have tries the earlier solution options of changing the virtual directory and also deleting the reservation of the URL. Still doesnt work.

Please help.

Regards

Janithri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Just struck on the solution and thought of sharing with all for their benefit.

The SQL Services and SQL Browser Serves were not in running status. So we enabled the services from the Component Services windo w and it seems to have resolved the problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Janithri

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

When you run the Report Server Configuration Manager there are 2 urls that are reserved. One for the Webservice (/reportserver by default) and the other for the web portal (/reports by default). If you go to the the Webservice url it will show you the version number, if you go to the one for the web portal it should open the portal.

Hi,

I am attempting to open the URL from the web portal link only. Still no the portal does not open. Are there any firewall related limitations to opening the portal or the version of the report server installable that was used. I downloaded the september 2019 version of the report server installable.

Regards

Janithri

Hi,

Just struck on the solution and thought of sharing with all for their benefit.

The SQL Services and SQL Browser Serves were not in running status. So we enabled the services from the Component Services windo w and it seems to have resolved the problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Janithri

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.