cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
didembakir Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server language character issue

Hello eveyone,

I can create a folder with a name using unicodes of Turkish characters for example diğdemç.

But when i try to open or manage or smt, i got an error below. If i change the language settings of my browse, i can open it. But in my organization there will be many users and it's not very easy to tell this everyone. Is there any solution to enable using these unicode characters in report server?

Ekran Alıntısı22.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server language character issue

As i mentioned in the forum, i have some kind of trouble naming the folders with Turkish unicode characters.

Also if i rename the folder with turkish unicode charachters, system doesn't let us anything but delete.

Please help.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Power-BI-Report-Server-language-character-issue/m-p/34...

Microsoft v-yulgu-msft
Microsoft

Re: Power BI Report Server language character issue

Hi @didembakir,

I was able to open the folder and report inside this folder which was renamed as "diğdemç". Which browser did you use? Please restart your PBI Report Server service for a test.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
onurniz New Member

i have the same problem

Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Thank you for your interest, unfortunately restarting didnt't work.

I can open the folder with a name like diğdemç if i change the language settings of the internet explorer (ie-> internet options->language) . But there are many people in the organization that may face this problem and it's not eligible to change everybody's settings. I'm looking for kind of general language settings or package uploading or something on the report server to enable open these folders for all users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Given Badges Coming

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

We're rolling out new Kudos Given badges. Find out how many Kudos you've given.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,563)