Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Server integrated to SharePoint

Hi,

I'm implementing some PBI reports that I need to publish on Power BI Report Server integrated with SharePoint.

So, how can I install Power BI Report Server and integrate it with an existing SharePoint installation?

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
marcosragi

Hi Guys, we are experiencing the following problem:

We signed the PBI Premium EM1 License and we built an extranet portal in Sharepoint O365, the Problem number 1 -  We only cam embed an premium EM1 Report using the SP Moder Pages, Problem Number 2 - We cannot use an regular Iframe to embed the PBI, only the PBI WebPart, using this webpart I can't send a parameter to the PBI Report, I'm looking for a solution 2 days in all kind of forums.

We thought about use the PBI Embedded License, but in this case the problem is, we are using AD B2B Guest Users to make the single sign on over SP, PBI and Internal Applications, only using the AD Premium.

Does anyone have any Idea how to solve it?

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

For current release, Power BI Report Server doesn't support SharePoint Integration mode.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this has changed? 
Or it's still impossible?

Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

You can use a sharepoint page/web viewer web part to embed a PBI report hosted on the report server. You'll need to append a couple URL properties as described here:

https://www.kasperonbi.com/embedding-power-bi-reports-with-power-bi-report-server/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.