Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amassip
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Report Server : filter, filterPanel

Hello everyone,

With the new update (Power BI Report Server), I wonder if is it possible to hide the panel on the right ?

I can display a report with the following link :

http://ReportServer/reportsBI/powerbi/MyPowerBIReport?rs:embed=true

But it doesn't work this link :

http://ReportServer/reportsBI/powerbi/MyPowerBIReport?rs:embed=true&filterPanelEnabled=false

Also can we filter a report with dynamic values ?

Thanks in advance

13 REPLIES 13
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@amassip Below are the information after discuss with PG:  

The answer to both your questions is no. They will be adding the filter pane hide feature in the future but that is not public knowledge yet. Also passing parameters in URL for current PBIRS is not supported either. They didn’t mention any plans to add that feature any time soon.  And as for query parameters, you cannot do that with live connections.

@Markkeny We didn't get information from PG about next Power BI report server release. You can subscribe the Power BI Blog as suggested here to get latest news about PBIRS. For any question about PBIRS, you can post a thread in Report Server forum.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Any later updates on hiding filter pane and choosing page for navigation, plus hiding page?
We got parameters, when will we get the rest?

Re the comment of "Also passing parameters in URL for current PBIRS is not supported either. They didn’t mention any plans to add that feature any time soon", I think the product group should think about this again.

Imagine the scenario where we have an enterprise wide reporting system based off the MS BI Stack, and the final front end is a Power BI Report connecting to a Tabular cube hosted on Power BI Report Server.

Now not everyone in the organisation can see every part of the data, for example the sales force in the US cannot see the figures for the sales force in the UK and vice versa.

So we create a Power BI report that contains everything and by default it will open with whatever filters we had in place when we saved it to the Report Server, so what we need to do now is to over-ride those filters with the ones that are appropriate for that specific user.

How would we permission Power BI reporting correctly in that scenario ?

Thanks very much

Regards,

Mark

All,

I have just downloaded and installed the GA release of Power BI Reporting Services dated October 2017, and am not seeing a way to hide the filter pane.  Please could you confirm whether this feature made it into this release, or not, and if it did what the correct syntax for usage is ?

Thanks very much

Hiding filter pane was not part of the October 2017 release. It will likely be part of a future release, we do not have a timeline to share yet. Thanks.

I would certainly agree that hiding the filter pane and page navigation are vital features. Our users want to be able to manage and deploy power bi charts that we embed into our applications and also into PDF reports and we need to be able to hide these

Hi,

This is "MUST" feature because with the latest version we can filter data by passing logged in user but if we show filter panel on the page then the user will get access of all the other users and data as well..

THIS IS CRITICAL ..

This should be taken up on priority.

Thanks,

Gourangi

The user can easily copy the report ULR and change the filterPanelEnabled setting and then open it in browser.

Now he can access full data.

Access control with query string is not a good solution at all.

Microsoft BI solution security based on AD, which can not easily works accross internet.

amassip
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,

@v-qiuyu-msft any news ?

hi amassip,

Power BI Report Server currently does not support passing in URL parameters for Power BI reports. We plan to support PBI report embed scenario in future at which point you'll be able to pass in filterPanelEnabled as well as report parameters.

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem. Do you know when the next version of Power BI Report Server will be released, and what it will contain?

At the moment we can do interesting proof of concepts but not integrate the reports further until this is solved. Would be better still of we could have the JavaScript API available, just as the azure platform does.

Thanks

Mark
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amassip,

I have sent a email to consult this issue internally. Will update to you once I get information.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Any update/timeline when this feature will be rolled out @v-qiuyu-msft  - Thanks,karthik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.