Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JamieChicago
Employee
Employee

Power BI Report Server embedded iframe report SSO across domains

Is it possible to embed a Power BI Report Server report in an iFrame so that users do not need to authenticate to the server each time? There are two domains from which the reports will be accessed.

If it is possible can you provide me a link to documentation detailing how to accomplish this? I see a possible workaround here (Solved: Re: Sharepoint Server Security Propagation to Powe... - Microsoft Power BI Community), but I don't know if that will work for my customer. 

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be most welcome.

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @JamieChicago 

It’s my pleasure to answer for you.

According to your description, you can embed pbi report server reports in an iframe.

Reference:How to embed a Power BI Report Server report into an ASP.Net web application (sqlshack.com)

Embed a Power BI Report Server report using an iFrame in SharePoint Server - Power BI | Microsoft Do...

If you don’t want to verify with the server, you should add users to the AD group gives them single sign-on and access to resources in both Sharepoint and PBIRS as the documentation says.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Janey,

Thanks very much for your reply. The question is how does the customer do this so when an enduser from either domain accesses a report they don't have to reauthenticate?

Hi, @JamieChicago 

If you can't add users to the AD group, they may not be able to single sign-on.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.