Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sphengle
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server default branding?

I need to modifiy the branding of our instance of Power BI Report Server (PBIRS).  I've read various articles on how to do this.  However, there is no way to download or acquire the current default branding.

I need the current default branding (a) as a starting point to making changes and (b) as a backup in case my changes end up looking messy.

I'm reluctant to upload a new branding package without having a backup package I can restore back to.

Note that I need the PBIRS default branding and not the SSRS default branding.  They are different.

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Sphengle wrote:

I'm reluctant to upload a new branding package without having a backup package I can restore back to.

You don't need a copy of the default branding for this purpose. If you don't like the custom branding you've uploaded there is a remove button. Once you remove a custom branding the default is applied automatically. 

So you can safely build a custom branding package using the following information https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/branding-the-web-portal?view=sql-server-2017 

Thanks for your reply.

I was unaware that there would be a remove button.  That makes me less scared of making changes now.  However, would still be good to know what the starting point it.  

I'd already read the article you suggested.  But thanks anyway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.