cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Altevogt Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server Telemetry

Dear all,

I'd like to share information about disabling Power BI Report Server Telemetrie with you.

You may have already expected that sometimes you receive a message when opeing Reports WebSite where opening a site at "az416426.vo.msecnd.net". So I've spend some time to get a deaper look in this topic.

IE_DEV_On.PNGUsing IE Developers Tool and seeing script

After I check Telemetrie Settings within API via PowerShell:

PS_On_API.PNG

For deaktivation you need to navigate into Windows Regitry and edit two entries.

PBI_Off_Reg.PNG

After changing CustomerFeedback and ErrorReport from "1" to "0" for disable  I ran PowerShell again.

PS_Off_API.PNG

After changing Regitry setting API request looks different.

After that I did several runs of Internet Explorer with Developer Tools ans request about "az416426.vo.msecnd.net" didn't occur so far.

Another thing I've expected was, that this only occurs when your systme has an active connection to Internet. When I disconnet my test system from Internet, request wasn't performed.

Another thing I've expected was, that when you perform an upgrade you need to re-check registry entries. After upgrading Report Server from 2018-08 to 2019-05 entries were readded to registry. Therefore you should add checking registry to your upgrade tasklist to keep it disabled.

Hope you find this helpfull.

Best regards

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,186)