Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tektronics
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server - September 2019 Paginated Reports not working

I just did the Power BI Report Server patching from May to September and was pretty smooth. However, some users start complaining that their paginated reports stop working after upgrade.

Does anyone know anything about? I confirmed that those reports are not working fine and when i tried to open their data sources are displaying the standard message about "Something went wrong"

3 REPLIES 3
gboreki
Employee
Employee

Hi @Tektronics ,

Can you clarify what type of reports stopped working? Looking at the server traces, (in the ReportingServicesService_xxx.log) is there any details that could indicate why they are failing?

Thanks

Boreki

Hey

So, the errors started right after Power BI upgrade from May 2019 to September 2019. 

From the portal, all paginated reports are not loading any data and the same reports from inside the server i can see the message of HTTP 500: The website cannot display the page

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

Another interesting thing is the fact im not able to create a new data source, when i tried the following message appears:

Something went wrong. Please try again later.

I have both environments with the same reports and same data sources, but in PROD (May 2019) is working and DEV (Sep 2019) is not.

Thats how i use authentication inside the company:

<Authentication>
<AuthenticationTypes>
<RSWindowsNegotiate/>
<RSWindowsNTLM/>
</AuthenticationTypes>
<RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>Off</RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>
<RSWindowsExtendedProtectionScenario>Proxy</RSWindowsExtendedProtectionScenario>
<EnableAuthPersistence>true</EnableAuthPersistence>

NOTE: Our Power BI portals are all enforcing TLS 1.2 and using HTTPS only.

Inside the logs, the only errors i saw is shown as below:

rshost!rshost!1da4!10/08/2019-13:48:29:: e ERROR: Failed to create HttpRuntime 80131500.
rshost!rshost!1da4!10/08/2019-13:48:29:: e ERROR: Failed to get appdomain 80131500, pipeline=0x000000EAF80A57B0.
rshost!rshost!1da4!10/08/2019-13:48:29:: e ERROR: Error state. Internal abort for pipeline=0x000000EAF80A57B0 ...

appdomainmanager!DefaultDomain!1b7c!10/08/2019-13:50:37:: e ERROR: AppDomain ReportServer error: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerHttpRuntimeInternalException: An internal or system error occurred in the HTTP Runtime object for application domain ReportServer_PBIRS_0. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'E:\SQL\PBIRS\PBIRS\ReportServer\RSTempFiles\~AspAccessCheck_bf54180c7036.tmp' is denied..
appdomainmanager!DefaultDomain!1b7c!10/08/2019-13:50:37:: e ERROR: AppDomain ReportServer id 4 ('ReportServer_PBIRS_0-2-132150342368809326') was created. Unloading it...

It seems like an access problem to your reportserver, specificaly to the temp files. I have seen this happen if you by any chance copy files between installation or machines. You can try to manually set write permissions to the account running PBIRS to all folders under PBIRS installation path and then restart the service and see if that allows your portla service to start.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.