Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elitekrishnan
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server SSRS Report Export to Excel Error

Hi,

I have hosted the SSRS Report in Power BI Report Server that report output has nearly 1900 pages.

For exporting in to excel, I have created Subscription and delivery as “Windows File Share” in Power BI Reporting portal.

When the subscription schedule starts immediately  it goes to “Pending” status and getting the below error message in the Report Server log file.

Unhandled error in the Web API. Exception: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Error while copying content to a stream. ---> System.IO.IOException ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request

Please advise, how to resolve this export issue and is there any config setting to update to get the large number of records export to file?

Thanks,

Navaneethakrishnan Thangaraj

2 REPLIES 2
HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @elitekrishnan !

It seems like you are running into Memory / Excel export limitation with your SSRS report. See the MS docs below;

Excel Limitations 

You can try exporting the report directly by browsing through the report & see if it works, make sure your system has enough available RAM to hold 1900 pages.

Regards,

Hasham

This is not the problem. You shouldn't assume the error is related to the amount of pages just because he mentioned it.

Im also getting the exactly same error log on my SSRS and my report has 1 line of result.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.