Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Server - SAP HANA Database - Direct Query

Hello,

we are using a SAP HANA Database in Power BI Report Server (Vesion January 2020). 

After we published our report to the Power BI Report Server and try to open the report, we receive the following error message:

NiHi_0-1592808771903.png

We receive that error message only if we use the SAP HANA as a multi-dimensional source.

If we change the mode into a relational source, the error message doesn´t appear and we are able to open the report without any error.

Do you have any idea why it isn´t possible to open the report as multi-dimensional source?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

NiHi

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , As far I remember you need to stick to mode you have developed.

Seems like relational model is better option for direct query

Please refer this

https://blogs.sap.com/2018/10/02/sap-bw4hana-connectivity-options-in-microsoft-power-bi/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Thank you for feedback! 

But what exactly do you mean with to stick to mode which we have develeoped?

I tried again but it doesn´t makes a different what kind of object I select from the HANA DB as DataSource. 

If I select the multidimensional mode in Power BI Desktop I always receive an error message.

Kind regards

NiHi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.