Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Apysert
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server - Remote access for Power BI reports (Mobile)

Hi All

I am trying to install Power BI Server to be used only when users are connected to the internal network.

But I need to give access to Power BI reports hosted in the server to some users out of the internal network (remote access from 3G connexion or home wifi....)

Have a good day.

Tks for support.

2 REPLIES 2
Peg

same problem, anu suggestions?

Because Power BI isn't 'claims aware' like SharePoint you have setup a shadow AD group account which has access from the external network (internet) (firewalls need opening and any netscaler ports will need looking at).  External users log into a SharePoint fronted gateway with an account mapped to an internal shadow AD Group.

We specify which Power BI URLs the external users can access using the shadow account in the folder security of PBI RS.

Our Sharepoint team set all of this up so I don't have the technical knowledge unfortunately.  I'll see if there's any documentation I can annonomise...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.