Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexElm

Power BI Report Server On Premise Licensing

Hello,

I'm sorry if my question has been already adressed but as far as I know, I didn't the answer to my question.

We have purchased a Power BI Premium license A4/P1 SKU and we have already installed a Power BI Report Server on Premise on a virtual machine which has 4 vcore. We would like to install another instance of Power BI Report Server on another virtual machine in order to make clear separation of use between two separates entities in our organization (obviously we'll need also separates databases but that is not a problem). What are the limitations in terms of licensing ? For example, is our Premium license enable for 8 vcore and so we can install another Power BI Report Server Instance in a 4 vcore VM ? 

Thanks all for your help,

Alex.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AlexElm 

Yes, with premium licences, you are able to install report server instance on multiple machines and VMs. 

Best Regards
Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AlexElm 

Yes, with premium licences, you are able to install report server instance on multiple machines and VMs. 

Best Regards
Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

AlexElm

Update : after some times searching and founding this post : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Upgrade-Report-server-to-more-CPU-and-license/m-p/125...

it seems to me that I am able to install another instance on a 4 Vcore VM (since I have 8 Vcore in the cloud)

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.