Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

krieriks
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server October dont show charts

After installing Power BI Report Server October on to the august version there is som problems when running PBI reports.

1. On one report the cluster column chart is not shown when running in report server, it works fine i the desktop (october). I have tried to resave it in newst desktop, upload again. No change, still no cluster column chart.

2. On a another report the Stacked chart is partly gone, you can still see the legends but no chart, it works fine i the desktop (october). I have tried to resave it in newst desktop, upload again. No change.

9 REPLIES 9
calleking
Regular Visitor

Any updates on this?

I'm experiencing the same issue with clustered column charts in PBI Portal. Works fine in PBI Desktop (October 2017).

I upgraded PBI Report Server to latest version which is: 14.0.600.438. 

Change log mentions the following: 

Changelog for Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

• Power BI Report Server

• Version 1.1.6551.5155 (Build 14.0.600.438), Released: December 11, 2017

• Bug Fixes
        • Failure to save data after refreshing for certain Power BI Desktop reports.
    • Version 1.1.6530.30789 (Build 14.0.600.437), Released: November 17, 2017

• Bug Fixes
        • Fix for Basic Authentication Scenarios
        • Fix for weekdays were not selectable on schedule page for Subscriptions, Cache Refresh Plans and History Snapshots on Portal
        • For Paginated Reports (RDL), fix for having expressions in Textbox with CanGrow property set to false is resulting in values not showing colors and fonts not being proper
        • For Power BI Reports (PBIX), fix for adding Legends to line chart renders an empty visual

Unfortunalte this does not solve the issue. Stacked column charts do not work with Legends running them in a browser or through the mobile app on PBI Portal.

Br,

Karl

krieriks
Frequent Visitor

This is still a problem, we are still waiting for a patch or news on when next release will be.

krieriks
Frequent Visitor

StackedChart.JPG

Have tried to upload the report again, emptying the internet history i IE and restarted the PBI Report Server services. Nothing works.

Could be the same issue?

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/October-GA-version-bug-Chart-not-render-when-there-is-...

I've tried with a direct query vs direct connect to SSAS cube. issue only occurs when direct connecting to SSAS

We haven't been able to repro this in house, couple quick questions for you and hopefully we can narrow it down:

1. When you say Direct connect to AS I assume you mean 'Live Connection' and not 'Import' correct?

2. Which version of SSAS are you connecting to?

3. What type deployment do you have for your AS server Tabular or Multi Dimensional?

Thanks!

1. When you say Direct connect to AS I assume you mean 'Live Connection' and not 'Import' correct?

Live Connection

2. Which version of SSAS are you connecting to?

3. What type deployment do you have for your AS server Tabular or Multi Dimensional?

Multidimensional 

Upon further investigation, we've found that using base measures from the Cube causes the charts to break, Calculated members within the cube seem to render fine.

Is this not the same issue cloud version had?

Hi all,

The same issue has been reported before internally: CRI 48538230. Please see below response from PG team: 

We have a fix ready. This issue is specific to categorical charts (Cartesian, donut/pie/treemap) that have a primary and secondary (Legend) grouping, and have dynamic formatting coming from an AS MD model. We plan to fix PROD on Thursday. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats the exact same reply copy and pasted as per the cloud thread on the bug so assume you do not mean it will be fixed on Thursday in Report Server?

Fix to PROD on Thursday what does that mean? Is there going to be a new version of PBI Report Server to download and install?

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @krieriks,

I didn't encounter this problem in my test. The clustered chart and stacked chart display well in both desktop and web portal.

In your scenario, please try to:

• Refresh the web page.
  • Switch to a different browser for a test.
  • Upload .pbix file directly from web portal.
  • Restart PBRS service.

Also, could you post some screenshots about the result you got on report server? If possible, share your .pbix file with me so that I can test in my environment.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.