Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KarlCullimore
Advocate II
Advocate II

Power BI Report Server (October 2017) Edit in Power Bi Desktop bug

error.PNG

I have installed the Power Bi Desktop November release Version: 2.52.4921.581 64-bit (November 2017) on my local machine. I just installed the Power BI Report Server and downloaded Version: 2.51.4885.1423 64-bit (October 2017) for Reporting services. I succesfully 'Save as' a file to the Report Server. But when I click on the (...) and choose to 'Edit in Power BI Desktop' I get the above error. I have tried to reinstal the Power BI Desktop for report server but I still get the error. Strangely when I click the download option on the report Server and it works. Is this a known error when you have both Power BI desktop types ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KarlCullimore
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I just installed the Latest Power BI Report Server available and removed and uploaded Power bi for report server. This Time I got asked if I was happy to allow the opening of power BI desktop. I dont know if its a change from your side or from my side. But all seems to be resolved

Many thanks 

Karl

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlCullimore,

Thanks for your update. Have a good day. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KarlCullimore
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Yes please go ahead and close the thread.

Kind Regards

Karl

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlCullimore,

Glad to hear the issue is solved nowSmiley Happy. Shall we close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KarlCullimore
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I just installed the Latest Power BI Report Server available and removed and uploaded Power bi for report server. This Time I got asked if I was happy to allow the opening of power BI desktop. I dont know if its a change from your side or from my side. But all seems to be resolved

Many thanks 

Karl

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlCullimore,

Are you able to reproduce now?

If it does, please find the Power BI report server log(msmdsrv.log , RSPowerBIXXX.log and RSHostingServiceXXX.log) around the time the issue occurs. You can upload them to your OneDrive and send the link in private message to me.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlCullimore,

I have reported this issue internally. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.